Marinated Shrimp Salad
Like this post? Highlight any part of it and Tweet it or Share it!
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 red or green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Butter leaf lettuce
In a pot of boiling water, boil shrimp 2-3 minutes. In a large bowl combine shrimp, cucumber, shallot, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Whisk olive oil, lime juice and sea salt. Pour dressing on top of shrimp salad and vegetables, mix thoroughly and marinate 45 minutes or overnight. Place some of the marinated shrimp salad into butter leaf lettuce cup. Makes 3-4 servings.