Like this post? Highlight any part of it and Tweet it or Share it!
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 5 cups bone stock (beef or chicken)
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced or 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup kamut elbow pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 2-3 swiss chard leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, minced
Saute leek in butter and olive oil 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, squash, tomatoes, bone stock, sea salt and thyme. Cover and cook on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes. Add pasta, cooked kidney beans, and Swiss chard. Cook an additional 7-10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.