Pasta with Summer Vegetables
Try this delicious summer recipe!
Like this post? Highlight any part of it and Tweet it or Share it!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 5-7 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed buter (optional)
- Whole grain pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
In a deep dish frying pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, zucchini and squash, cover and cook 3-5 minutes. Combine tomato paste and water and add to the pot. Add, oregano, basil and sea salt. Cover and cook on medium heat until squash is soft. Cook pasta al dente. Add cooked pasta into the sauce and toss. Garnish with shaved parmesan.