- 1 tbsp. grass-fed or organic butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1-2 pinches dried thyme or 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. mirin rice cooking wine (can use white wine)
- 1 chicken liver, cleaned and chopped into four equal-sized pieces
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- Whole grain baguette, sliced thin
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350. Drizzle olive oil and a pinch of sea salt on three or four pieces of thinly sliced whole grain baguette. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until crispy.
Saute shallots and butter on medium-low heat. Add two pinches dried thyme and cook shallots until slightly wilted. Add mirin, chicken liver pieces, and stock. Season with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until liquid evaporates. Put one or two tablespoons of sautéed liver and onions on top of crispy whole grain bread. Garnish with fresh parsley.