Savory Winter Squash Soup
Learn how to make this deliciously warming winter soup!
Like this post? Highlight any part of it and Tweet it or Share it!
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 5 cups chicken stock (can use turkey or duck stock, or water)
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch dried savory (can use thyme)
- 1-2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
In a soup pot, saute onion until wilted. Add chicken stock, squash, bay leaves, savory and sea salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on medium heat 15-20 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and discard. With a slotted spoon, take the squash and onion and puree in a food processor or blender, then add back to soup. Garnish individual bowls with toasted pumpkin seeds.