Spicy Black Bean Soup with Polenta Croutons
Like this post? Highlight any part of it and Tweet it or Share it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cooked black beans, or 2 cups rinsed and drained canned beans
- 4 cups veggie stock, chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, and cumin 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, bell pepper, jalapeno, black beans and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, add sea salt, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cilantro to the soup at the end of cooking.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with polenta croutons.
- Pre-cooked polenta
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Dice polenta into one-inch cubes and fry until lightly browned and crispy.
- Drain polenta croutons on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Season the croutons with a pinch or two of sea salt.