Articles with 'blue cheese'
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- ½ pound of ground buffalo meat
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- Blue cheese, crumbled
Sauté onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add small pieces of ground buffalo meat to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes. Add cumin, sea salt, black pepper, celery, garlic, red pepper, pinto beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce flame to medium/low for 25 minutes. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese.
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Round Out the Meal: Corn bread
Kid Friendly: All meals are kid friendly! Get them involved and let them chop the red pepper with a butter knife.
Beer Pairing: Sam Adams Boston Lager