Articles with 'fresh corn kernels'
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced thin (use both white and green)
- 1/4 cup dried arame, soaked
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. shoyu
- 1-2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
Discard arame soaking water (or use in your house plants). Lay leek and arame in a frying pan. Add 1/4 cup water and cook on medium heat 10-12 minutes. Add slices of red pepper. Lightly sprinkle with shoyu and sesame oil and continue cooking 3-5 minutes. Toss with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 serving.
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thin moons
- 1/4 cup arame, soaked
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 ear of fresh corn kernels (off the cob)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. shoyu
- 1 tbsp. brown rice syrup
- 2 scallions, minced
Layer onion, arame, carrots and corn in a pan. Cover with 1/2 cup water and cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes. Mix toasted sesame oil, shoyu and rice syrup and add to the pan. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Garnish with scallions.
- 1/2 cup arame, soaked
- 1 cup water
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 7-8 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 3 tbsp. flax oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or other sweetener
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
In a pot bring two cups water to a boil. Add drained arame to the boiling water. Cover and reduce heat to medium for 15 minutes. Remove arame and let drain. In a large bowl mix red onion, corn, cucumber, red pepper and cooked arame. Whisk together flax oil, lemon juice and zest, minced mint leaves, maple syrup, sea salt and black pepper. Pour dressing on top and marinate for 25-30 minutes.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 ears fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
Place water and corn into a pan. Bring to a boil, reduce flame to medium and cook 3-5 minutes. Add red pepper, cilantro and a pinch of sea salt, and cook 2-3 minutes.