Articles with 'tomatoes'
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 5 cups bone stock (beef or chicken)
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced or 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup kamut elbow pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups kidney beans, cooked
- 2-3 swiss chard leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. parsley, minced
Saute leek in butter and olive oil 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, squash, tomatoes, bone stock, sea salt and thyme. Cover and cook on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes. Add pasta, cooked kidney beans, and Swiss chard. Cook an additional 7-10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
- 4 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup cream (optional)
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 pieces of whole grain bread, cubed
- Manchego Cheese, finely grated
Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees.
Lightly drizzle tomatoes, garlic and onion with olive oil and put into a roasting pan.
Roast 35-40 minutes or until vegetables begins to shrivel and blacken.
Remove ingredients from the pan and puree in a food processor.
In a soup pot, add tomato/vegetable puree, chicken stock, bay leaf, butter, basil, and sea salt.
Cook on medium/high heat 5-7 minutes. Lower heat and add cream (optional) and black pepper.
While tomato soup is cooking, place cubed bread onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Cook until cheese melts (3-5 minutes).
Taste soup and adjust seasoning.
Garnish individual bowls with a few cheese croutons.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 8-10 ounces beef, diced (optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 ear corn, kernels
- 1 cup kidney beans , cooked
- 1 cup black eyed peas, cooked
- ½ cup water or stock (chicken, beef or veggie)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Chives, minced
Saute coriander, allspice and cumin in oil for 1 minute. Add garlic and onion and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add beef and cook 1 minute. Add jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, black eyed peas, water or stock and sea salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce flame to medium and cook 25-30 minutes. Garnish with cheddar cheese and minced chives. Yield: 4 servings.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 hot pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- ¼ tsp. Sea salt
- Corn tortillas
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 375º. In a bowl combine cucumbers, tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Cut tortilla into bite-sized triangles. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake 10 minutes, or until crispy.